Thursday, October 22, 2009

My 1/2 marathon training

After a lot of thought and discussion, I have decided to stop training for the Austin 1/2 marathon. I have been walking/jogging for 8 weeks now, but the marathon is still 4 months away. My biggest pitfall was finding the time during the week to train. And due to the lack of weekday training, my weekend runs just got to be unbearable. This last week I didn't want to finish (5.2 miles). Had I driven myself and not had someone else's keys in my pocket, I probably would have stopped at the little park along our route and taken a long rest. I'm tired of complaining about it. I'm tired of forcing myself to go every week. I'm tired of feeling like crap all day Saturday. I'm just tired. And to top it all off, I haven't dropped a single f*ing pound. Exercising, in any form, without losing weight sucks. I am proud of myself for doing it as long as I did. Heck, I went from zero exercise to walking 5 miles, and my mile time wasn't too bad at 19 minutes/mile. Unfortunately, that's not fast enough to finish the 1/2 marathon. And at only 5 miles, my time is bound to get slower as the distance gets further.

Anyway, thank you for supporting me and encouraging me. I will try this again next year. Hopefully by then I'll have a better plan for weekday training.

No comments: