Monday, May 24, 2010

Vinyl wall decor

When I was pregnant with the twins, I found a picture in a Pottery Barn Kids catalog that caught my eye. There was a beautiful crib for sale with beautiful (and expensive) bedding. And there was a monogrammed picture/painting hanging on the wall behind the crib. There was no information in the catalog about the monogrammed picture though. I tore the page out of the catalog and just kept it because one day I was going to put that on the wall above my babies' cribs. I just had to find out where to buy it. Heck, I needed to find out WHAT it was to begin with.

Fast forward a year and a half...

I was browsing on etsy for things. I was looking for decorations for my house. I had seen some wall stickers (for kids' rooms: princesses, CARS, polka dots) and some wording (Live, Laugh, Love; Always Kiss Me Goodnight). I thought maybe I'd find something that I could put on our walls in our house that the kids couldn't pull off, like they can do with picture frames. So while I was browsing, I came across this. It was the monogrammed letter with the vine and all. I was SUPER excited. I emailed the seller and asked if she could show me an "M". We started talking (via email) and I told her about my catalog page, and my ideas for the babies' room. (By this time the babies were here and were already over a year old.) She sent me a couple of samples and a new idea that I LOVED! After a few email pictures and I was sold. I order the vinyl decals and got them in November of 2009. And yes, I have been holding them since then. (They are a deep purple color even though the top picture looks kinda blue.)

The saying is over our changing table. It says "Sugar and Spice and everything nice, that's what little girls are made of."


So now that my mom is here for a couple of days, I solicited her help. (I actually asked Matt to help me put them up last week before my mom got here, but we didn't get the time.) So Mom helped me and I love them. There was definitely a learning curve to putting them up and once we did the first one, the others were a breeze. I hope you like them, I know I do.


Morgan and Megan both like their pictures. Let's just hope they don't pick them of the wall.



Thanks Mom, or helping me put these up. I don't know that they would have ever actually gotten up on the wall without you. :)

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

So cute! I love it :)