Monday, July 12, 2010

Baby update

The twins are 2! Holy cow, time flies by so quick these days. I looked at my last blog post, May. Yes it has been almost 2 months since a post, shame on me. Well, I'm going to try to get better. I said try.

I took the babies for their 2 year well check and the doctor says they are getting so big and they are doing great! I'll have to add pictures later, since I don't seem to have any clear ones right now.

Megan is a little mini Maggie. I know we've said this before, but Megan really is Maggie ALL OVER AGAIN! I surely hope I've learned something over the last 4 years with Maggie to make things a little easier with Megan. Megan and Maggie are both strong willed, stubborn very emotional and like to test me. Basically they are ALL GIRL!

Morgan is my little peanut. She is so sweet and such a good little girl. She makes me laugh every day with the things she does. Morgan is still going to physical and speech therapy. She continues to make progress with both, but will continue to go until they tell me otherwise. It's a little strange to hear Megan speak in complete sentences these days and then hear Morgan say only one word or two word phrases, but I constantly tell myself that "just because they are twins, doesn't mean they are the same person." Each baby/child develops in their own time and mine are no different.

I wanted to get pictures done for their 2 year birthday, but have decided that we will just wait until the fall and redo family pictures at that time and just order some individuals of the girls. (I think I might order individuals of the big kids too and not order school pictures.)

So here are the babies' stats:

Megan:
35 1/4" tall (50-75%)
29.0 pounds (75%)

Morgan:
34 1/2" tall (50%)
24.0 pounds (10-25%)

Both girls are growing good and have kept to their growth curves. They are, and the big kids too, healthy children for the most part so we don't see the doctor very often, but both babies did so well. They even had to get shots this time and neither cried.

Look for pictures to follow soon!

No comments: