Sunday, July 18, 2010

Maggie's puzzle

After looking at a couple of different stores, the choice has been made. Maggie said she'd like a flower puzzle for me to glue and then hang in her room. Her and I looked a couple of places before we found the perfect puzzle.



It's a sunflower and it's shaped. It has 500 pieces but most of them are yellow. This one is going to be a challenge.







Maggie wanted to help, so we did the layout first. Pull all the pieces out of the box, lay them face up and sort by color, pulling out any flat edges. Since this puzzle is shaped, there are not a whole lot of flat edged pieces. But here we are all sorted and ready to go.





Fast forward 3 days and here is my progress.


I decided to start from the middle and work my way out since the middle is where there are different colors. It is super challenging because all the pieces look the same; pegs on top and bottom and holes on right and left. And all these pieces are the same size...TINY! Each piece is about 1/2" sq.



















So now comes the hard part, the yellow petals. I am excited to see the end result and I think Maggie is too. She keeps coming to check in with me. After I showed her the completion of the center, she said, "oh, I thought you'd be all done by now." Funny! I told her that I'm not in a hurry to finish the puzzle, that I enjoy the process and when it's done, she'll be able to enjoy it all the time. She seems okay with that. Hopefully the next picture will be that of a completed sunflower.

No comments: