Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Mason's first day of school

Mason's first day of school was this morning. He started first grade today. FIRST GRADE! Where has my baby gone? He's so big now. :( But lucky for me he still likes to snuggle with me and he's not embarrassed to give me kisses. But I know that time is coming too.

Matt, the girls and I all took Mason to school this morning. Mason got to show Dad his desk (last year he sat at a table, this year he has his own desk) and his new text books: Math and Science.

This is his new teacher, Ms. Lara. She is super sweet and very friendly. We were out of town for Back to School night, but I was able to arrange to meet her yesterday. Mason told her the names of all his sisters, and she remembered them today. So sweet. I love it when people make you feel like you're important and they pay attention to what you say. Of all the students Ms. Lara has, and all the people she met on Back to School night and all the names she has to try to remember, she remembered Mason's and Maggie's. That is important to me. It makes me feel special. Kudos to you Ms. Lara, you jut earned your star in my book! :)

I am looking forward to this year and excited to see what new things Mason will learn. I think he's pretty excited too. I'll report back after school this afternoon with what Mason had to say.

1 comment:

Leigh Ann said...

So handsome! I'm going to have an anxiety attack when the girls get this age.